Welcome to badminton spring 2012. If you are new to NYU Badminton/the mailing please read the following carefully:
here's a summary:
1. Hours + rules
2. new member signups and deadlines
3. schedule and upcoming cancellations
4. courts this week
1. HOURS + RULES We generally meet on Fridays from 7-10:30pm and Sundays from 3-4:30pm for recreation/coaching and 4:30-7 for team practice only.
-We provide shuttles but you must provide your own racket.
-Lock all your non-racket/shuttle belongings in lockers. This is Coles Rule. They will take your bags and put them in the lost and found if left next to the courts.
-be courteous of the courts. Don't be a court hog, don't walk on courts when you're not playing, and don't hang on the nets. be friendly and invite someone to play if you see them sitting around. It's that simple!
-you must show up at least 3 times a month or you will be cut from the roster
2. NON-FALL 2011 MEMBERS only: In order to participate this spring, you must fill out a club sports athlete information form located here: http://www.gonyuathletics.com/documents/2008/9/10/Athlete_Card.pdf?id=75
(Please copy and paste the link to the browser if it doesn't work). Make sure the form is filled completely including your N#, e-mail, address, emergency contact, department/credits and signature.
The deadline to join is Sunday, January 29th. Please bring the form to practices before then or leave it in the badminton mailbox in the Coles Staff Office.
please note: NYU Poly students are not allowed to participate
3. Please check our google calendar for our schedule https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nyubadminton%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York. Our first practice will be Friday, January 27. Due to basketball we will have a late start time, 8:30pm.
We will be cancelled for the following dates:
-2/24, 2/26, 3/18, 3/30, 4/1, 4/6, 4/8, 4/13, 4/29
4. For those of you back early, we have courts on Friday only this week from 7-10:30pm. This will be the last day that non-club members can join. hope to see you there!